FAQ's & Other Important Stuff
New to Honest Eats? Start Here!
Our mission is to change the way you eat. We believe that health is our greatest asset and the food choices we make have a significant impact on our total overall health. We pride ourselves on providing delicious, nutritionally balanced meals that are sourced from the very best organic ingredients.
Honest Eats is a delivery company that operates out of our commercial kitchen location. Our small business has been open since 2013 and is rapidly growing and evolving. We are proud to announce that we will open our first retail storefront at M-K-T Heights in 2020.
Currently, most of our orders are for home delivery, but we do allow for pick up at our commercial kitchen on Airline Drive.
We wish to provide our customers with the best possible experience from start to finish. The following FAQ's and guidelines were created to better serve you, our customers!
How It Works
Our menu is posted every Wednesday at 2pm CST for pre-order. Our first delivery day of the week is Sunday, which is our most popular delivery date to receive your meals to begin the week!
Simply place your order on our website and select your items for delivery or pick up. It's that easy! We deliver the meals fresh in a thermal tote with ice packs in case you are not home. Choose Sunday, Monday or Wednesday delivery. Please see location and hours for pick up & delivery below.
Location & Hours of Operation
Pickup Schedule at Our Commercial Kitchen:
6906 Airline Drive, Suite 108, Houston, TX 77057
Sunday: 4pm-9pm - Orders due by 2pm on Saturday
Monday: 4pm-9pm - Orders due by 2pm on Sunday
Wednesday: 4-9pm - Orders due by 2pm on Tuesday
Gym Deliveries (for members only)
Monday: 4pm-9pm - Orders due by 2pm on Sunday
Delivery Policies & Best Practices
- Please leave gate code or special entry directions in order notes, when placing your order (example, gate code, leave at back door, etc). If your home is not accessible for delivery, our driver will call or text you for further instructions. Due to the high volume of our delivery routes, drivers are not permitted to wait for more than 5 minutes.
- Our drivers have been instructed to ring your doorbell or knock at time of delivery, so that your food remains optimally fresh, and so they can hand deliver your order and return with our delivery totes and ice packs.
- If you are not home when your meals are delivered, leave your bags and ice packs on your porch for our drivers to pick up.
- Delivery orders are packed in insulated thermal totes with reusable ice packs free of charge. In order for this program to remain cost effective, we ask that you please return our totes and ice bags, so we can reuse them.
- If you are not home at the time of delivery, please leave your bags and ice packs on your porch for our drivers to pick up.
- The delivery tote should be picked up as soon as possible and refrigerated for optimal freshness. The delivery totes typically stay cold for up to 4 hours.
Order Changes & Cancellations
- We will do our best to accommodate changes to your delivery date or address prior to leaving our kitchen for delivery. Please call, text or e-mail us with updated delivery instructions prior to 12pm the day of delivery. We are unable to cancel or change an existing order that is already on route for delivery.
- Deliveries in route will incur an additional delivery fee of $13, plus a 30% restocking fee for the total order, due to the highly perishable nature of our product.
Delivery Attempts & Restocking Fees
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do you deliver and what is the delivery fee?We deliver to a 60 mile radius of our kitchen to the greater Houston area and beyond. This is automatically mapped when you enter your delivery zip code into our delivery app. The cost is a flat fee of $13!
When do I need to put my order in?All orders need to be put in by 2pm the day prior to pickup or delivery.
What if I have a food allergy?We cannot modify ingredients in our meals, but can omit a meal item from a meal plan if left in the notes section of your order. We are able to substitute for a meal of equal value within the same meal plan.
Can I get a referral discount?We do not have any referral discounts at this time, but we do offer 10-15% off on our 6 or 8 week package plans!
Can I give my plastic containers back or can I give you my own glass containers?We ask that you recycle the containers on your own. We are unable to take back used containers or package in customer's glass containers, due to health codes issues and quality assurance.
What if I have other questions?We are happy to help! The easiest way to reach us is by text or call to 832-786-9569 or email us at email@example.com
My order was incorrect or there are missing items. What do I do?We do our best as a small business to minimize errors in order packing, but we are only human and mistakes do happen from time to time! Please contact us within 24 hours of your delivery, so we can fix your issue!
I won't make the pick up time that I chose. Can I get delivery instead?If you contact us before 2pm on the date of your pick up, we may be able to send your order out for delivery and invoice you the $13 delivery fee. The fee needs to be paid prior to your meals leaving our kitchen. If payment is not received before delivery, you can make arrangements to pick up your order at our kitchen the next business day.
Can I change my delivery date?We are happy to change your delivery date, as long as the order has not left our kitchen for delivery. Just contact us!